So now that I won’t be picking up, picking up after, or “picking on” my kids, what will I do with my time?
I made a list of ideas on my own, and then went online to research some suggestions. Here are some common ones:
– Volunteer your time. You’re probably already a pro, so give some of your time to a cause that matters to you.
– Take up an old hobby, or try a new one. Most cities have some sort of continuing education programs that offer a variety of classes: languages, dance, writing, cooking, computers, art, car repair, voice-overs….
– Go back to school. Always wanted that advanced degree? Think that you would be the best 3rd grade teacher ever? Didn’t finish a program that you started because life got in the way? Now may be the time to give yourself the education you wanted.
– Treat yourself to movies, books, mani-pedi’s and a really nice hairstylist, if you don’t already do so.
– Check out online learning and communities. I am most familiar with the creativity groups (mixed media art, watercolor etc.), but I’m sure there are others out there where you can connect with like-minded souls and share your interests.
That’s a start anyway. Care to share any other ideas?